Thursday, May 24, 2018

Progress and Dreams


Everything is going well. I’ve lost more weight (down 14 lbs total and 37 to go!), I’ve been keeping up with running, and I feel better in general. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do about Couch 2 5k since I’ve been on the fence about using that program, because for the future, I want to use the Jeff Galloway Run/Walk method of 1 min run/1 min walk. I decided to get a timer app for my phone that I can customize to notify me to run or walk after each minute. I’ve used It once and it worked well so far. I figured I should train now the way I want to run later.

I also started school again last week. I’m attending Arizona State online now and my first class is Abnormal Psychology. It’s very intense because it’s a compressed summer class (only 6 weeks) but I had to start with a summer class because I was going to have to start paying back my student loans since it had been almost 6 months since I last attended classes through Plattsburgh. Juggling the class, life, work and running is a challenge but I’m keeping at it. Eating better has been easier the last 2 weeks since I haven’t been PMS’ing. That was definitely the roughest it’s been so far. 

I’ve been listening to some trail running podcasts. My dream is to start doing trail running and long distance runs on the trails at some point. I have no doubt that I will get there. Things have been going so well and the weight has been coming off, which will make running easier as time goes on. The less weight I have to carry, the better.

I also registered for two races to keep myself motivated. One is a 5k at the end of September and the other is a 10k at the beginning of October. I should be ready by then to tackle these new challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment