Thursday, October 3, 2013

How It's Going

Well, it's going.

I caught a cold last weekend which isn't surprising after everything that's been going on in my life so that has kept me from running this week. Hopefully soon I'll kick this cold to the curb and get back to running. It's been over a week since my half and I miss getting out there.

I've decided I'd like my next half to be the Brooklyn Half in May 2014. So, I'll have to train and train hard because there is a 3-hour time limit and since my time was 3:15 a couple weeks ago, that won't cut it. I really want to walk less anyway so this will be a good goal.

I've had serious brain fog since my mom passed but this cold is adding more fog so work has been challenging this week. I miss her so much. My family and I have had to do so much in such a short amount of time like going through her entire house in 2 weekends because she was renting a house and we really didn't want to pay another month's rent. Well, it's done now. There's more to be done but I'm not going to get into all that now. Needless to say, it's been a rough 2 weeks and I need to get back into running soon to get my head cleared a bit.

I think I'm going to use one of Hal Higdon's training programs for my next half. I can't wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment