Tuesday, June 9, 2015

We Are Only Human

My life has been for lack of a better term, topsy-turvy since the beginning of March.

A quick recap includes my trying to trade in my leased car 3 months early to a very, very crooked dealership, a trip to Ireland and getting ready to move. It’s been a stressful whirlwind to say the least.

Because of all this craziness, I haven’t been taking care of myself. Are these excuses? No, just facts. I find myself over-doing things and when I get into extremely stressful situations, I get emotional and don’t eat well or exercise. I also get sick or have severe back pain. This time it was sick and I’m just starting to get over it now. I’m also just now coming to terms with the fact that this is part of life. Maybe not everyone’s life but definitely mine and I’m sure there are others out there as well.

We are human. I am human, and with this realization, I know that I can only do what I can do and that means forgiving myself and moving on.

My point is that we all need to be kinder to ourselves. Not everything can go as planned. You have to roll with the punches and when the punches bring you down, you need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start a new day. If that new day means starting to take better care of yourself, then do the best you can and move on.

My plan now is to get over this sickness and start to get moving again. I’ve already started eating better but I miss running. I’m going to start by walk/running and go from there.


Who else is with me?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment