Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Good Day So Far


I gotta say, today has been surprisingly good. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out since I opted to do my running before work at 7am instead of after work and I am NOT a morning person.

Well, maybe I’m becoming one. The last couple of weekends I’ve regretted waking up for a bit then falling back to sleep. I end up having crazy dreams. I’ve talked to a few friends about this and they have the same issue. So, I think I need to get up or at least stay awake on the weekends now that I have this newfound energy. Which brings me to that topic…

Newfound energy.

How weird is this? This running and eating better is making me feel better and have all sorts of energy. I’ve felt this way before but I really don’t remember it feeling this good. My brain is surprised by it all. My body is surprised by it all. I’m going to bed some nights not even tired. Strange stuff.

So, to top off my morning of getting up early and running, today was my first official day of half marathon training. I’ve mentioned this before but it’s good that it worked out this way because I’ll still have an extra week (it’s 13 weeks till the race but the training plan calls for 12 weeks) in case I need to repeat any days or a week. Today was a 3-miler and it went well. I didn’t hate the treadmill either. I wonder if it was because I wasn’t fully awake enough to have those kind of feelings yet. I hate to admit it but I guess that’s another good reason to run before work. Damn. I thought this might not have to become a habit. Well, it’s only 2 days per week when my hubby goes with me. So that will be Tue and Thu and on Wed I’ll go after work myself. On the weekends, I’ll either run outside or go to the gym but I’ll play it by ear.

Me, a morning person? Hmmm… we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment