Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It's On!

Well, it's official. I've upgraded my half marathon status to the full marathon for the Rock 'N Roll New Orleans Marathon on 1/25/15!

Nervous, excited, antsy, blah, blah, blah. Sure, I feel like all of those things but hey, I've left myself plenty of time to train (I don't need to start until September) and I've done 3 halfs so I already know how to kick some training ass!

So for now I'm still doing the June run streak for suicide awareness. Today was day 17. I average about 1.5 miles/day and I'm still going strong. Hubby and I are weight training together and I also do some different machines on my own on days when he doesn't go so all is going well with that.

I'm still waiting for the layoffs at work. They should happen this week or next. I'll be happy when they are finally over. The stress of waiting isn't good for any of us.

Happy Running!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you decided to stop thinking about it and do it!! That is one of the hardest things for people in general to do, great decision and happy running!

    ReplyDelete