Monday, May 7, 2018

Mentally Challenging Monday

As the title states, today has been mentally challenging.

I started PMS'ing today which hasn't been awful in general each month but I definitely feel myself having less tolerance for things. Luckily this only goes on for a couple days.

Of course this time, I don't have food to fall back on when I'm stressed. Today is the start of week 4 of my eating better/trying to lose weight. I've lost 7 lbs so far and I have 54 to go. My first goal is to lose 34 more pounds. I can't wait!

I got back outside yesterday for day 2 of couch 2 5k. I did well but I think I overdid it. I was pretty exhausted for a few hours afterwards and I realized that my head still thinks I can run like I did a few years ago but my body begs to differ.

I'm going to keep at it though!

It will all come back with time, I know that. I took 2 walks today which helped me mentally. I know it will help physically too. I'm looking forward to the day where running is good again. I know it was never easy, so I won't say that but I look forward to it being a regular part of my life again.

I wasn't really sure how to start again. I thought maybe just getting out there doing walk/run intervals would be good but I really need structure. I've always been like that. I'm not a "winging it" type of person. So, the couch 2 5k app is the way I'm going.

I think that's about it for me for now!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment