Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The Stuff of Tuesday

It's been up and down. More up than down.

This eating better/dieting thing is rough. I know, it's never easy for anyone. It's hard not to compare yourself to others though.

My husband has been on his diet for 3 weeks and he has lost 30 lbs. I've been on mine 4 weeks and I've lost 11 lbs. Crazy, right? Yes, his is more restrictive than mine and he has a lot more to lose than I do and yes, he's a guy and they always lose quicker but... wow. It's hard not to be a little jealous. I'm doing my best though and we are very supportive of each other.

I'm happy with my progress. Since this plan is something I came up with myself, I've had to re-evaluate it a few times, adjust here and there. It's not perfect but I need it to work for me, not anyone else. I track my food in an app on my phone but sadly, I become a little obsessed. I have a very addictive personality anyway so once I focus on something, I give it 110%. I'm going to need to relax a bit as of tomorrow because I start school again and the class I'm taking is a compressed summer class so my focus will have to be mainly on that... and running.

I can't forget the running. I finished day 1 of week to of couch 2 5k yesterday. It went well. Some of it (or most) was because I found a new running route that was beautiful. It's by a waterway and there were geese, ducks, baby geese and beautiful scenery in general. The weather was a perfect 71 degrees and not humid. It was great to be out there!

I'm considering signing up for a race. It's a 10k that will be in Lake Placid in October. I'm not sure yet but I'm definitely going to think about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment