Thursday, March 27, 2014

Confusion Say Be Kind To Yourself (or something like that)


I never expect (which I guess is part of it) how bumps in life just come out of nowhere.

I’ve been feeling truly “off” since last weekend. I don’t know why. I have some ideas but PMS doesn’t really seem like a valid reason. Of course it is a valid reason but for someone like me who never really had issues with it before, it’s a foreign concept.

Feeling moody, depressed, tired and just crappy in general was something I always attributed to being morbidly obese which is how I spent a good chunk of my life. Since I’m not in that position anymore I guess I just automatically thought I wouldn’t feel that way again. Boy, was I wrong.

I felt crappy on Monday so I left work early. I worked Tuesday and ran Tuesday night. The middle of the night (Tuesday going into Wednesday) came and I got a horrible migraine. What a bad night. Then I had to miss work yesterday just to recover. Enough is enough.

I’m feeling better today but I don’t like missing all these training runs. I know this is part of life and you have to take the good with the bad but I don’t like it one bit. So there. Wahhhh!

Luckily I was already one week ahead of my training (I actually thought ahead on this one and figured something like being sick might come up) so I planned this well. So now I’m on track if I go today. Do I feel like going? I’m not sure yet. I’ll see how I feel later.

The moral of my story is always listen to your body. No matter how much you feel you have to run, you will probably be sorry later if you push it too hard. I don’t know if running on Tuesday helped give me a migraine but it’s always a possibility. Be kind to your body and you will be rewarded.

Jeez, did I read that in a fortune cookie?

No comments:

Post a Comment