Sunday, April 27, 2014

10 Miles

Wow. This was my first 10-mile run since September when I did my last half. I would definitely say it went well but boy, was it hard in spots. I always try to remember that if it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. Seems like a good thought.

I kept my mantra going in my head the whole time. "Run Strong, Be Positive." Then when the run started to get more and more difficult, I changed the mantra to "Run Strong, Stay Positive." It really seemed to help.

I had tried this 10-mile training run last Sunday but the negative thoughts took over and I just didn't have it in me. I was proud of myself for doing 5 miles though. I just knew I needed to tackle the 10 especially before Brooklyn which is in 3 weeks.

I did something new this week. I tried carb-loading. I figured it was worth a shot just to see if it would change my energy level. I didn't really notice a difference. I had a little more energy at the beginning of the run but I'm attributing that to the fact I hadn't run in 3 days. I don't think I'll try carb loading again until I train for a full at some point.

Speaking of a full marathon, I'm still toying with the idea of training for the full instead of the half for New Orleans in January. The thought of that is extremely daunting though. I mean, running more than double what I ran today in one shot??? How would that even be possible? I have no idea. I do know that I am going to focus on losing weight after Brooklyn. I'm sure that losing the extra weight will help. I'm thinking between 30-50 lbs. I would imagine I'll have a better idea once I get closer as to what feels good.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment