Tuesday, April 29, 2014

No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn!


Well, I ran another 5 miles yesterday and I’m definitely feeling it in my quads today. As the day goes on I’m feeling less sore but my desk job doesn’t help so I need to get up and walk a little every hour to avoid stiffening up too much.

I just had to run yesterday. The weather was beautiful and I was able to leave work a little early. I kept saying to myself that I would just run 2 or 3 miles but 5 was on the schedule for my next run (which should’ve been today) for training so I went out with one goal but finished strong!

That was my first back-to-back longish runs… ever, so I’m very proud of myself! 15 miles in 2 days. Not too shabby.

I’m taking a rest day today but I’ll be back to a 45-min tempo run on Wed and then a 3-mile run on Thu. Brooklyn is only 18 days away. I’m feeling stronger about it lately since I got back into a more consistent training routine.

As the Beastie Boys said, “No Sleep ‘Till Brooklyn!”

No comments:

Post a Comment