Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Productive Week

I think I ran a pretty good amount this week - 22 miles. The longest run I did was today - 8 miles. It's actually the longest run I've done since my half marathon in May. It was a hard one today though. I was already tired going into it but I knew I needed to do it because I've missed my last two long runs and it was time.

Today's run went back and forth with good and not-so-good. It seems every run is different and I've read a lot of things written by a lot of people who say the same thing. As I said, I was tired which is understandable since I haven't slept well lately and I've been working a lot of overtime.

So my next half is five weeks from today. I'm excited and a little scared. I'm not sure why though. Every day comes with different feelings about it. I think a little bit of it is that I'm looking forward to it being done. I mean I'm glad I signed up for it and I'm glad I'll be doing it but I'm also looking forward to running shorter distances and starting to focus on weight training. Since I had my gastric bypass surgery two years ago I haven't made it to my goal weight yet. The idea of actually doing that has changed at this point. My main goal now is getting to a weight where I'll be more comfortable running. It's interesting how one's perspective changes over time (oh, yeah, I'm "one").

I love this. Do you ever feel like this? I do sometimes. We all see ourselves different than others see us. A lot of the time I think that's probably a good thing.

Have a great night!

Megan :)



No comments:

Post a Comment