Sunday, August 4, 2013

Breakfast, Laundry and 2.5 Miles

It's Sunday.

I've never really known how I feel about Sundays. I mean sure, it's nice to have the day off (usually) but it's also the day before I have to go back to work (usually - there are always exceptions).

Today has been nice though. I slept in. Before I go ANY further, let's get this out of the way now. Yes, I "sleep in." And yes, this means I sleep until 10am - 11am. I am NOT a morning person. I never have been. This doesn't mean I can't get up early, it just means I hate to. So please don't judge the sleeper. I love to sleep and must admit it's one of my favorite past times. But like I said, I will get up early if I have to and even some days when I don't.

Something that will get me up is going out to breakfast. I had a wonderful mushroom, scallion, tomato, and American cheese omelet with rye toast. Yum!

And then... there was the coffee. Double yum!

I love coffee. There isn't much to say about it. I just love it. I love it iced, I love it hot, I love it anytime of the day. (I feel a Dr. Seuss rhyme forming) I have to switch to decaf early in the afternoon but that's ok, I don't mind. My favorite place is right here in Saratoga Springs called Uncommon Grounds. I go there everyday and I don't feel guilt for spending the money because I have a refillable cup from there and it only costs me $1. So yes, it's worth it.

I had to share this:



What do you think of it? It speaks to me as someone who definitely weighs herself too often having battled weight issues my whole life but it means I need to stop worrying about my weight and just run. I love this picture.

Last week was a rough week. I only ran on Monday and then just didn't feel like myself for the next 5 days. I'm so glad I ran today though. I got 2.5 miles done. I also need to get back on track with my half marathon training tomorrow. I've decided to skip week 4 since I missed most of it and proceed to week 5 since I don't have the time (the race is 9/22) to make it up.


Did you run or walk today? If so, how'd it go?

What's your favorite breakfast?


Till the next time...

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment