Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Promise of Pizza

I don't know how many people have done this before but I figure that there are people out there who have done A LOT worse so I'm neither embarrassed nor shy about admitting this to the internet masses (or in this case, the few people that may read this).


I admit it. I ran tonight with the promise of pizza. Yup, I knew the pizza was waiting for me and I did it. So here's the story... I was too lazy to run this morning before work. I looked forward to running after work all day while I was at work but got home from work and then attempted to talk myself out of it. Last night's leftover pizza was calling my name from the fridge which is odd because I really didn't think I would be able to hear it that well from the bedroom. But I digress...

I knew I HAD to get out and run but it was muggy and crappy outside so off to the dreaded gym and treadmill I went. I made a bargain with myself that if I completed my 5-mile run that I could have that slice of pizza that had been unwillingly trapped in a ziploc bag and placed on my car's passenger seat. I completed the run, went out to my car and had a few bites of the lovely pizza.

Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment